Our clinic was founded in 1922. Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital is the oldest small animal veterinary practice in Texas.
Dr. U.E. Marney founded the hospital and at that time, it was called the Veterinary Service Institute operating as Alamo Dog & Cat Hospital for large and small animals. It was a full service hospital also offering ambulance service and all grooming and pet needs. After Dr. U.E. Marney, Drs. Parker, Brown, and Culpepper operated the practice until 1971, at which time Dr. Eric Lange and Dr. Ronald Orrell took over the practice. Dr. Mark E. LaBrie has owned and operated the hospital since 1984. The hospital remained in the same location since it was founded until May 2004 when a new facility was built behind the old building.
Years in Business